Skip to Main Content
Manchester Housing Logo
More >


Housing Applications are accepted every day. We ask that you call for an appointment.

The Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy is located in our lobby.

Complaints are handled through our Agency Grievance Policy. A copy is located in our lobby.

How long can I stay in Public Housing?
In general, you may stay in public housing as long as you comply with the lease.

How is rent determined?
Your rent, which is referred to as the Total Tenant Payment (TTP) in this program, would be based on your family's anticipated gross annual income less deductions if any. HUD regulations allow HAs to exclude from annual income the following allowances: $480 for each dependent; $400 for any elderly family, or a person with a disability; and some medical deductions for families headed by an elderly person or a person with disabilities. Based on your application, the HA representative will determine if any of the allowable deductions should be subtracted from your annual income. Annual income is the anticipated total income from all sources received from the family head and spouse, and each additional member of the family 18 years of age or older. The formula used in determining the TTP is the highest of the following, rounded to the nearest dollar:

  • 30 percent of the monthly adjusted income. (Monthly Adjusted Income is annual income less deductions allowed by the regulations);
  • 10 percent of monthly income;
  • Welfare rent, if applicable; or
  • A $50 minimum rent is set by an HA.

Additional Questions
Call the Manchester Housing Authority at 706.846.9428 for any additional questions you may have. We are here to serve our community's housing needs.