The Housing Authority is governed by a five-member board of commissioners. Board Members serve on the board as non-salaried Public Officials. We have one resident that is currently serving on the Board of Commissioners.
Commissioners meet quarterly in the Conference Room. Meetings are subject to the Open Meetings Act Laws of Georgia. Agendas are posted no later than 24 hours in advance of each meeting.
The Manchester Housing Authority consist of the following members:
- Anne Warrior - Chairman
- Lucille Leonard - Vice-Chairman
- Solomon Ferguson - Commissioner
- Katricia Mosley - Commissioner
- Lynne Patterson - Commissioner
Major Responsibilities of a Board Member:
The non-profit housing corporation owns the Multifamily Housing development. Board Members are responsible in the following manner:
- Abide by the Articles of Corporation and the By-laws.
- Be familiar with HUD's rules and regulations pertaining to the Regulatory Agreement and Subsidy Contract. This includes Fair Housing Laws.
- Reviewing and Approving the Annual Budget.
- Oversee the performance of the management agent.
- Evaluate the organizational effectiveness.
- Be an effective representative of the organization to the community.
The Manchester Housing Authority and its Board of Commissioners are committed to creating a positive living environment for residents where people can live, learn, and grow to be productive and responsible citizens.