Manchester Housing is responsible for the management and operation of its local public housing program. Manchester Housing Authority functions:
- Compliance with the lease.
- The lease must be signed by both parties.
- Adopt other chargers such as security deposits, utility allowances, and damages to the unit.
- Perform reexaminations of the family's income at least once every 12 months.
- Transfer families from one unit to another, in order to correct over/under crowding, repair or renovate a dwelling, or a tenant's request to be transferred.
- Terminate lease when necessary.
Our aim is to ensure safe, decent, and affordable housing; create opportunities for residents. Self-sufficiency and economic independence; and assure fiscal integrity by all program participants.
In order to achieve this mission, we will:
- Recognize the residents as our ultimate customers.
- Improve PHA management and service delivery efforts through oversight, assistance, and selective intervention by highly skilled, diagnostic, and results-oriented field personnel.
- Seek problem-solving partnerships with PHA, residents, community, and government leadership.
- Act as an agent for change when performance is unacceptable and we judge that local leadership is not capable or committed to improvement.
- Efficiently apply limited HUD resources by using risk assessment techniques to focus our oversight efforts.